Renaissance Hotels in Santa Rosa, California - THEFT OF WALLET FROM RENAISSANCE PALM SPRINGS HOTEL

I WAS A GUEST AT THE RENAISSANCE PALM SPRINGS HOTEL FROM 9 THRU 15 MAY 2016. ON THE MORNING OF 10 MAY MY ROOM WAS ENTERED BY A PERSON, BESIDES THE GUESTS, HAVING KEY ACCESS TO THE ROOM.I HAD USED THE WALLET FOR BUSINESS ON THE PHONE ABOUT 9 AM. I LEFT THE WALLET ON THE DESK NOT EXPECTING ANYONE TO ENTER THE ROOM EXCEPT MYSELF OR MY TRAVELING COMPANION. WHILE ALONE IN THE ROOM ABOUT 10:00 AND IN THE SHOWER I HEARD THE ROOM DOOR OPEN. I CALLED OUT AND A MALE VOISE RESPONDED, BUT DID NOT IDENTIFY HIMSELF. ASSUMING HE WAS PART OF THE ROOM CLEANUP STAFF I ASKED THAT HE RETURN. HE SAID OK OR SUCH. LATER I WENT TO THE POOL AND GYM AND DID NOT TAKE MY WALLET WITH ME ( OR EVEN CHECK TO SEE IF IT PRESENT AS WE HAD A PRIVACY NOTICE ON DOOR) AT ABOUT 11:30 OR SO I DRESSED TO GO TO LUNCH AND ONLY THEN REALIZED THAT THE WALLET WAS GONE. I SEARCHED THE ROOM AND THEN NOTIFIED SECURITY, I TOLD HIM OF WHAT HAD HAPPENED AND THE HE AND I SEARCHED THE ROOM AGAIN. ONLY WHILE WE WERE IN THE ROOM DID THE MAID APPEAR TO REFRESH THE ROOM.

LATER IN THE WEEK, HAVING RECEIVED NO REPORT CONCERNING THE LOSS I CONTACTED ADMINISTRATION. THE COMPTROLLER INFORMED THAT ROOM KEY USE RECORDS INDICATED THAT ONLY RESIDENTS HAD ENTERED THE ROOM THAT MORNING. LATER IN THE DAY I DECIDED IT WOULD BE WELL FOR ME TO REVIEW THE RECORDS. BECAUSE THE COMPTROLLER WAS NOT AVAILABLE. I ASKED A SECURITY PERSON IF HE COULD GET ME A COPY OF THE REPORT. HE STATED THAT WAS IMPOSSIBLE BECAUSE " THE SYSTEM HAD NOT WORKED FOR MONTHS".

WHEN I INFORMED THE COMPTROLLER OF THIS SHE DENIED IT BUT REFUSED TO LET ME SEE THE REPORT BECAUSE IT WAS AN "INTERNAL DOCUMENT". SHE SAID SHE WOULD FORWARD THE CLAIM TO HEADQUARTERS OF RENAISSANCE IN TEXAS AND THEN SAID THAT CLAIMS ARE "USUALLY DENIED".I WAS TOLD THAT I WOULD BE ADVISED OF THE RESULTS BEFORE DEPARTURE ON THE 15TH.THIS NOT HAPPEN AND I HAVE NOT BEEN CONTACTED SINCE MY DEPARTURE.BESIDES AT LEAST $250 IN CASH, THERE WERE CREDIT CARDS, A MILITARY ID CARD, MEDICAL CARDS, AUTO RELATED CARDS AND LICENSE AND AN AUTO DOOR ACCESS KEY ( REPLACEMENT $70.00), ETC.I LOST A COMPETE VACATION DAY DEALING WITH THE THEFT.

THE HOTEL'S ADMINISTRATION'S ATTITUDE WAS ONE OF DISINTEREST/DISMISSAL, POSSIBLE LYING ( RE: THE EXISTENCE OF KEY ENTRY RECORDS), AND NON- INTEREST AND COOPERATION.

I FELT MORE LIKE A VICTIM THAN AS A GUEST AT THE RENAISSANCE.

I STILL AWAIT THE RESULT OF THE HOTEL CLAIM.

Renaissance Hotels in Chicago, Illinois - Rudest Hotel Staff Ever

Our company's convention was held at this hotel. We were there for a 5 day stay.

During our 5 hour banquet on Saturday night we could not get a glass of water or a coffee. The staff set our food down and left basically. We asked for several hours to have water service. After the banquet a bunch of us did not want to leave Chicago without having a slice of pizza.

We got kicked out of Hotel bar for ordering pizza when there kitchen was closed! The bar manager was very rude!!!

After having order several hundred dollars worth of drinks for our staff we were kicked out of bar for having pizza delivered!!! Then they lock downstairs bathrooms so you have to go to your room to pea?????

Preferred solution: I want an apology from the bar manager .

Renaissance Hotels in Hattiesburg, Mississippi - Do not set up business meeting at Denver Renaissance Hotel

Contacted hotel to schedule a business meeting and reserve rooms for attendees. Initially, everyone was very pleasant.

as most people know, things can change in business and we needed to postpone our meeting and ultimately, we cancelled. Granted, I signed the contract, but there is a 90 day minimum cancellation policy. You cancel less than 90 days before your meeting and you are stuck with the entire bill - no compromises.

In an effort to reconcile our account, I tried to negotiate a deal with multiple persons, but was told flat NO. Over the past month, the staff was rude, uncooperative and unaccomodating to guests traveling for business purposes.

My recommendation - do not schedule meeting at this hotel.